Amazon cruises - rainforest tours - riverboat cruises
Amazon cruises in Ecuador take place at the Napo Basin where we will travel the Napo River and its tributaries. The Manatee Amazon Explorer our riverboat tours in the Upper Amazon navigating Ecuadorian territory through the Napo and Aguarico Rivers. Travel around Ecuadorian Amazon offers an unforgettable experience for anybody's senses. More Amazon travel info
Amazon cruises from Iquitos offer several tour options, you can choose to navigate into the Pacaya Samiria natural reserve for amazing wildlife, cruise down river to Tabatinga in Brazil and Leticia (from here you can continue to Manaus) or tour up river to the Yurimaguas region. More Amazon travel info
Amazon Cruise Travel Blog
- Visit the manatee rescue centre on cruises from Iquitos Peru - amazoncruise.net - Within the borders of the vast Amazon Jungle there are few creatures as strange or as fascinating as the manatee. The source of countless indigenous myths and legends, these ungainly, fresh water mammals are some of the most interesting residents of the rainforest.
- The most intimate ships for exploring the Amazon river - amazoncruise.net - Though any cruise along the mighty Amazon River is guaranteed to be unforgettable, traveling on a small, intimate vessel can make the journey even more memorable.
- Discover Amazon rainforest animals - Pacaya Samiria vs. Galapagos: Two of the best nature reserves on the planet - Pacaya SamiriaWhen it comes to biodiversity and abundance of wildlife, there are few more exceptional places on earth than the Galapagos Islands and the Amazon Rainforest.
- Birdwatching on Amazon cruises in Peru: 400 species for possible sightings - amazoncruise.net - With a huge variety of mammals, reptiles, amphibians and insects, the Amazon has always been a popular destination for nature enthusiasts and animal lovers. However, with more than 400 species in Peru alone, it’s the jungle’s birds that really bring the rainforest to life and amaze visitors time and time again.
Departing from Manaus, your expedition tour vessel stops at several points along the amazing Amazon jungle, and offers river excursionson small boats or zodiacs to tour the dense, virgin vegetation. You and other adventure seekers will come into contact with the most exhuberant species of trees, plants, exotic wildlife and the local river communities. More Amazon travel info
This expedition tour is a hands-on discovery of remote Amazon rainforest and rivers near the Bolivia/Brazil border. Based on the newly renovated, air-conditioned Reina de Enin Riverboat, you'll explore Bolivia's remote wilds on horseback, hikes, naturewalks, motorized launch excursions, and from the comfort of the Reina's viewing decks.More Amazon travel info
Amazon cruise reviews
- An Adventure - If your desire is to experience the Amazon (locals call it the Amazonas) River area of Brazil (local spelling is Brasil) I feel the Amazon Clipper Cruises offer the most comprehensive, informative and exciting tour available at a reasonable price. Specifically we chose the Clipper Premium which was quite comfortable with ample spaced rooms with two beds which could be pushed together as one large bed, spacious bathroom with stall shower and space for all your stuff. The food was excellent served buffet style; and the boat had ample deck space for viewing the flora and fauna. The 16-room ship accommodates a small group of 32 people while the excursion canoes holds 16 on comfortable bench seats with back supports – cushions are provided. The guides are local and extremely knowledgeable. While you can read about the daily activities on the Clipper internet site, much more is added during the trip and I will not go into details so as not to spoil the wonderful surprises in store for you during your adventure. Let me just say that this was a magical trip I will not soon forget.
- Iberostar Grand Amazon - The boat was not fully booked, this was actually a pleasant surprise, there were only 60 people on board, we even got upgraded to suites. There were a few other couples and two groups, 1 from Latour and the other from Latin Trails.
- Amazon cruise from Manaus - I was on the Amazon Clipper Cruise (the full 5 days)...., it is worthwhile- I would say its excellent.
- Manatee Explorer Amazon cruise - The Manatee Amazon Explorer offers a great means of touring the Ecuador rainforest - the comfort and pampering together with the light adventure was perfect for us.
- Delfin II Amazon Cruise - The Delfin II surpassed my expectations in terms of comfort, ambience and overall experience. The staff actually seemed to enjoy their work ( which was not true in many places we visited in the Amazon), the food was good and the ship itself is new, spacious and warm -- especially important as we visited during a bitter cold snap.
Amazon cruises - what to expect?
At amazoncruise.net our mission is to help YOU when trying to book or organize expedition tours into the Amazon rainforest basin.
Our website contains information about several river boats that cruise the Amazon river and its tributaries in Bolivia, Brazil, Ecuador & Peru, and what to expect when you plan a cruise expedition into the worlds greatest wilderness. We can help you by:
Arrange travel to and from your departure port.
Book side tours and internal flights.
Select a tour itinerary that matches your interests.
Offer you a discounted rate on all cruise departures.
Act as your bilingual travel representatives in Bolivia, Brazil, Ecuador or Peru
Organize taylor made itineraries and custom expeditions tours for individuals or travel groups of any size or special interest.
Help individual travellers join into fixed tour departures on Amazon river boat cruises that usually operate on a charter basis only.
The top ten reasons to cruise the Amazon river and it tributaries:
Your river boat is a viewing platform that docks at a diferent trail each day.
Flexible tour itineraries that allow to reach the best trails depending on time of the year and wildlife sightings.
Travel the largest water system on the planet.
Greatest wilderness known to man.
A paradise for birdwatchers.
Tour the worlds largest pharmacy with thousands of medicinal plants.
In depth cultural travel experiences with indigenous tribes.
All inclusive cruise experience - all meals, guided excursions and lectures are included.
Half the fun is navigating from trail head to trail head.
Visit several wildlife reserves in 1 trip.
The Amazon river and its tributaries are the largest fresh water system on the planet and home of the most biodiverse region. In the Amazon rainforest you can find thousands of insects, birds, plants and of course several species of mamals, reptiles and fish.
This region of South America has enticed the most avid explorers from all walks of life, from the most adventure driven individuals to those who where not so shure.
By taking an Amazon cruise you can maintain those creature comforts while you get in close contact with nature and its mysteries. So for those of you who are not so shure, we can help you by giving you a comfortable and safe adventure tour. Our expeditions are suitable for all people and all ages, we organize all travel and excursions to your ability and interest.
Browse our Amazon cruises website and find all the information you need to plan your trip. We hope our Amazon maps and boat information are usefull and you find that cruising the Amazon is fun, safe and easy.